Causes and treatments of contact cheilitis


Contact cheilitis is generally a hypersensitivity reaction caused by contact with an allergic substance and can be treated with medication.

Contact cheilitis is a reaction of the lips to an allergenic substance. This reaction is an abnormal overreaction of the immune system to certain substances. It usually occurs during the second or subsequent exposure to the allergen. When the lip skin comes into contact with an allergen, the immune system initiates a hypersensitivity reaction, causing an inflammatory reaction in the lip tissue. Common allergens include cosmetics, lipstick, food, drugs, oral care products, etc. The chemical components in these substances may cause allergic reactions in some people, resulting in contact cheilitis.

After suffering from this disease, patients can follow the doctor’s advice and use topical mometasone furoate cream, tacrolimus ointment and other drugs for relief, which can play an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic role. If the symptoms are severe, they can also be combined with oral antihistamines. Drugs, such as fexofenadine hydrochloride tablets, loratadine tablets, etc. can provide relief. At the same time, care should be taken to avoid contact with substances that are susceptible to allergies, so as not to aggravate the condition and affect the body.

If symptoms of a lip allergic reaction occur, it is recommended to stop using the substance that may be causing the problem and seek advice from a doctor or dermatologist. The doctor can conduct relevant allergy tests to determine the allergen and give a corresponding treatment plan. At the same time, you should pay attention to eating a light diet and avoid eating spicy and irritating foods.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *